It’s February! And you know what that means…Love is in the air, roses are being sold from corner to corner and everything seems to be a bit..redder..even dessert!
Hey everyone, my name is Lauren Turner and I’ve been with Casting Networks for about three months now. I’m originally from Michigan but absolutely love being in Los Angeles. As Valentine’s day quickly approaches, I can’t think of a better recipe to share with you, than Red Velvet Cupcakes!
I usually make them vegan style but feel free to use dairy products for the same delicious outcome.
2 cups soy milk
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 ounces red food coloring
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Add vinegar to soy milk, and set aside to curdle.
2) Sift flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3) Add vegetable oil, food coloring, and vanilla extract to the curdled soy milk, and mix.
4) Pour liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix.
5) Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
6) Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes or until done.
½ cup margarine, room temperature
½ cup Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners sugar
7)Cream margarine, cream cheese, and vanilla extract.
8)Slowly mix the confectioner’s sugar into the creamed sugar, and then beat until smooth and fluffy.
9)Frost cooled cupcakes.
Be sure to enjoy and share with that special someone