Matt Gentry is the newest member to join the Casting Networks talent support team, and When he isn’t helping our talent making sure they’re “G2G” (good to go) he’s taking in the city and enjoying all that LA has to offer. He’s also a part-time potato chip fiend. If there’s one thing he’s doing at this exact moment, it’s probably eating a bag of Doritios Spicy Nacho… family size.
Here is my mother’s prized mac and cheese recipe, that she’s perfected over the years. I was one of the world’s pickiest eaters as a child and if there’s one thing any kid will eat its Mac & Cheese. Don’t be fooled this recipe is THA BOMB!
GG’s 5 cheese Mac & Cheese
- Extra sharp white cheddar cheese (this cheese really makes the dish the bomb! if you can’t find in your area use sharp cheddar)
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Mild cheddar cheese
- Colby cheese
- Jack cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 2 .5 sticks of butter or margarine
about 2 cups elbow macaroni cooked and drained (do not rinse)
- In a large mixing bowl add a stick of butter to still warm cooked macaroni, start adding cheese and milk as you go along also add beaten egg and stir togather, continue to add cheese and milk and butter until all is well mixed togather.
- Pour into a large casserole dish add cubes of butter in each corner and the middle of the casserole and bake at 400F until lightly brown and bubbly.
This recipe can be made smaller just cut all the portions in half, but remember that the more the cheese the better! If you don’t have enough cheese, just forget it! and if you are on a diet, this is not the dish for you!