Hi, my name is Lauren. I’ve been with Casting Networks for 9 months now, working in Business Development for team Sydney, Australia! I enjoy chai lattes, cat videos and cheese.
Curried Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Soup
I’m going to be honest and put it out there right in the beginning. I am not what one would call a good cook by any stretch of the imagination. However, I do know miraculous deliciousness when it happens, and it happened, so I needed to share this bliss around.
- Some pumpkin, peeled and diced (I used half of a medium sized butternut, but I really can’t imagine that it would matter.)
- A sweet potato or two, also peeled and diced (I photographed one and then used two. Tricky.)
- A couple of cloves of fresh garlic, crushed.
- One onion, finely diced.
- One can of coconut cream.
- 1L (approx) of chicken stock.
- Three tablespoons of curry powder.
- Salt & Pepper.
- Yummy bread & sour cream to serve (optional, but not really.)
- Saute onion, garlic and curry powder in your choice of cooking oil until tender and juicy.
- Throw in your pumpkin, sweet potato and stock and bring to the boil. Season with a touch of salt and pepper if you are so inclined. Bring that delicious smelling pot down to a gentle simmer.
- Do something else until everything is soft enough to blend, and then mix it up. I used a stick blender, precariously balanced underneath the angled lid of the pot so that I didn’t splash up my kitchen. I still splashed up my kitchen. It was worth it.
- Once blended, stir through the coconut cream and leave to simmer until you are ready to eat.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some bread for dipping. Unlike the amazing photos on wonderful food blogs, my sour cream sank immediately to the bottom of my bowl. Ugly, but very delicious.