Namaste ~ I am biKa. I work in Talent Support at Casting Networks. I am also a designer. I have my own swimwear line called @biKaSwimwear. I love designing pieces that incorporate my rich cultural background from India. Growing up in India, I was raised a strict vegetarian. I have cultivated my passion for culinary creativity and enjoy creating new recipes.
One dish that I created was a Veggie version of the traditional Indian “kebab” (normally made with ground beef). I altered the recipe to use no meat.
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 packet Morning Star* Ground Beef-less crumbles
- 1 large size red onion (chopped fine)
- 2-3 green chillies (chopped fine * per taste)
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped fine)
- 2 big limes
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 slices brown bread (wet with water)
- Plain Bread Crumbs
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala (available at any Indian grocery store)
1. Thaw Veggie crumbles in microwave for 1-2 mins. In a large bowl put the crumbles, add red onions, chillies, cilantro, s&p, chaat masaala, bread slices and mash well. They should all mix well.
2. Make small balls and dip them into the egg batter first then coat with bread crumbs.
3. Shallow fry them until golden brown.
4. Squeeze the lime juice on it before serving. Sprinkle chaat masaala lightly on top as well.
Usually served with Sriracha ketchup or green mint chutney. Makes about small 20-25 kebabs. Enjoy!