Casting Networks – An Update for Agents and Managers
We have been working as quickly as we can to make the 20th Century Fox TV and Feature transition as efficient as possible for everyone involved. The onboarding process has been a big undertaking, and we really appreciate your patience through this time. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions, for a more detailed help page, please click here
1. My actors already have a profile with their Commercial agent, do they now need an additional profile?
2. How do I view my entire roster?
3. Where do I find my company code
4. How do I ensure my talent can add their 2 free photos without being charged?
6. My company is based outside of LA — will I still have access to submit to LA projects?
8. Do I have to enter my clients personal details (email address etc.)?
9. The theatrical casting notices are buried in non-union, background and commercial casting notices, is there anything I can do?
10. There are only a list of preselected headers (Film, Television, Theater) but there is no way to add your own header for something like Awards.
11. Will there be training available?
- My actors already have a profile with their Commercial agent, do they now need an additional profile?
Talent representatives are not able to share profiles, so any talent who currently has a profile with another representative attached will need to create an additional profile to link with your company. Talent, however, can link their profiles together which means they just need one login to house all of these profiles. There is never any payment associated with copying information between these profiles.
To view your roster, click on SEARCH from the navigation bar at the top of your account. From there, you will have the option for TALENT SEARCH. From this page, you can either search for specific talent in your roster, filter for specific traits, or view your entire client listing. To view your entire available roster, simply click the green SEARCH button, without selecting any additional filters.
Your company code can be found by selecting “ALERTS” in the top right corner of your account.
Talent (or you) are able to add the first free photo through the profile and the second free photo through this form. If we’ve copied over information from another profile so the first free photo does not seem to be available through the account, the form can be submitted twice.
We’re working on developing a feature to upload a resume file – while that is being developed, you can select “Quick Edit” to the right of your talent’s headshot. Toward the top of this new window, you’ll see an option to “Edit Resume”.
- To add a new heading click “+ Add a new heading here”.
- To add a credit, click “+ Add a new credit here” and save what you’ve inputted by clicking on the disk icon to the right of your credit.
- To move your headings or credits up or down click on the up and down arrows next to each listing.
- To edit an existing entry click on the pencil symbol next to it. When you are finished editing the listing, click on the disk icon to save it.
Casting Directors are able to send briefs nationwide (on both lacasting.com and castingnetworks.com). Fox has agreed that this is the preferred option moving forward so that Agents and Managers will have access to as many briefs as possible, regardless of location. Casting Networks will soon re-platform into one unified site.
- Select “add talent” in the navigation bar and create profiles directly from your account.
- Provide the agency code to your talent, which will automatically connect them to your account when they create their profile.
- Casting Networks can create your roster for you. We appreciate your patience as we work through requests in the order in which they were received.
Once a profile is created in your account, we can copy resumes and photos from any existing Casting Networks profiles in the same database.
Actor emails can be omitted by entering a place-holder email (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). In the future, agents will be able to add talent to their roster and create profiles without requiring email or personal information for that client.
- The theatrical casting notices are buried in non-union, background and commercial casting notices, is there anything I can do?
We will be rolling out a filter this month, allowing Agents to filter out jobs that do not apply to them.
- There are only a list of pre-selected headers (Film, Television, Theatre) but there is no way to add your own header for something like Awards.
Currently, there is not an option to include a custom heading, however, we have added this to our priority list. In the interim, we recommend that Agents/Actors include specialized categories or more information in the “Other Experience” text field toward the bottom of the resume as that field is fully editable.
Of course! Please contact us to schedule a training session.